Welcome to Systo...
... an open, adaptable and lightweight approach for viewing, building and running systems models in web pages.
A "Hello world" example
Here is the classic predator-prey model, conventionally expressed in terms of "rabbits and foxes".
You can interact with the model diagram in various ways:
- You can zoom in, zoom out and zoom-to-fit using the buttons on the right of the diagram.
- You can resize the box the diagram is in, by dragging on the right or bottom edges.
- You can drag the diagram around, useful if you have a large diagram.
- You can change the level of detail shown (just stocks and flows; or parameters and influence arrows): just click on the lowest of the 4 buttons (showing 1, 2 or 3).
- You can even re-arrange the nodes in the diagram (stocks, clouds and variables), by dragging them around! Note that level of detail must be 3 to do this.
You can also explore the dynamic behaviour of the model. Scroll down a bit so you can see the graph below, then move the sliders to change the initial population size of the rabbits and foxes, or the various parameters, and see how:
- the graphs showing the rabbit and the fox population size; and
- the inline statistics derived from the simulation results (the maximum for the two populations, and the cycle period)
The maximum value for the number of foxes is and for the number of rabbits is . The cycle period is years.